The Shands Endoscopy Center (SEC) recently moved into a newly dedicated space at the University of Florida’s Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL. At the heart of their new facilities are two interventional endoscopy labs centered around the Omega E-View.AI. The E-View.AI is the only ERCP fluoro system proven to reduce radiation exposure by up to 84%. That equates to reduced radiation risk for their patients as well as their physicians and staff.
The University of Florida College of Medicine’s Gastroenterology Division is nationally and internationally renowned for patient care, clinical investigations, and research. It is consistently recognized in the top three percent of gastroenterology programs nationwide by US News and World Report for treating patients with liver disease, liver transplants, and all gastrointestinal and pancreatic diseases.
The Shands Endoscopy Center is a team of highly skilled gastroenterologists and physician assistants, nurses and staff, and anesthesiologists with specialized training in GI procedures who combine their expertise to provide patients with excellent medical care. The SEC’s renowned interventional endoscopists offer advanced and therapeutic procedures for the treatment of pancreatobiliary diseases and other luminal GI disorders. The Center performs interventional endoscopy services such as ERCP, EUS, enteroscopy, and other advanced procedures. For a list of UF’s IE faculty, visit their website.
The E-View.AI is the only lab designed with features specifically developed for ERCP and image-guided endoscopic procedures.
- ERCP motorized table for better patient positioning
- Large field-of-view flat-panel detector offers superior image quality
- Exclusive scatter radiation protection for staff
- Pivots out of the way for full patient access and for non-X-ray procedures
The Omega E-View.AI offers several advantages that conventional IE systems cannot:
- AI detects the doctor’s region of interest – allowing for hands-free operation
- Maintains the full field of view (FOV) while delivering the highest level of image quality for the region of interest (ROI)
- Automatically reduces radiation exposure to patients and staff by up to 84%
With the opening of their spacious state-of-the-art interventional endoscopy rooms featuring Omega E-View.AI systems, UF Shands is equipped with the latest technology and sets the gold standard for endoscopy care – and radiation safety – in the region.