Reduces Dose Area Product (DAP) During Interventional Procedures
Integrated within our artificial intelligence image-guided systems, CineShield™ is the only available system cleared to reduce dose during image-guided therapy procedures.
Powered by AI, an ultra-fast secondary TruBlock™ collimator, and the world’s most advanced image processing, Omega’s AI image-guided systems have shown to reduce radiation by up to ~84%*.
How it Works
- During an interventional case, CineShield’s™ AI-enabled technology detects where in the anatomy the interventionalist is focused – the Region of Interest (ROI).
- Utilizing AI, the system automatically collimates to the ROI, only taking full Field of View (FOV) images every so many frames.
- Through advanced image processing, the system simultaneously and seamlessly integrates the ROI with the FOV image.
The resulting imagery reduces radiation exposure to the anatomy surrounding the ROI while increasing the quality of information presented during interventional procedures.
The Omega CineShield™ system allows interventionalists to maintain the critical view of the peripheral anatomy while drastically reducing their patient’s exposure to ionizing radiation.
The advantages are immediately obvious – superior image quality and lower radiation exposure to patients and to staff.
Omega Comparative Study
Why AI Image-Guided Systems?
AI drives the high-speed dynamic secondary collimator – integrated with the world’s most advanced image processing. Omega’s AI image-guided system reduces DAP radiation exposure to patients and staff by up to 84%. This is achieved in addition to any current ALARA best practices and/or features available from any conventional non-AI system.
How is this Level of Radiation Protection Achieved?
In multi-center and variable analysis, collimation was the only factor that was significantly associated with DAP radiation reduction. With just a push of the pedal, CineShield™ harnesses the power of AI to determine the Region of Interest (ROI) and to auto collimate to the ROI many times per second. Using the most advanced image processing, Omega presents stellar full field of view images with the ROI perfectly registered while using both Cine and Fluoro.
Why Adopt this New Standard of Care?
- Provides the safest care to patients and staff
- Better investment vs. buying substandard or obsolete technology
- Market and attract new patients, staff, and referrals
- Minimally invasive procedures can now be done on obese and high-risk patients who were not previously eligible