Omega Medical Imaging
3400 St Johns Parkway
Sanford, FL 32771
Job Title: Software Engineer
Omega Medical Imaging is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Software Engineer responsible for software and firmware development to control our next generation imaging platform. To be successful in this role, the candidate will have skills in a myriad of software development disciplines to serve as a key member of our software development team. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is bringing cutting edge imaging equipment to the medical industry.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of medical device software development from software platform for early R&D to product software development which includes defining design input, specification, architecture design and verification. This person will also be responsible for software design documentation, unit testing and debugging of the software in accordance to product development process. They will implement, debug and maintain source code in C/C++. Software developed will be hosted on both general purpose and embedded computing platforms. The Software Engineer will be able to write clear, concise, structured and well-documented code while be working with a cross-functional engineering team comprised of software, electrical and mechanical engineers. The ideal candidate will also have an inventive mindset and exemplary problem-solving skills. It is essential that the candidate possess exemplary interpersonal skills and thrive in a team environment.
- 10+ years of related software development experience.
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Programming expertise in C/C++ and OOP.
- Experience with development on embedded processors, e.g. ARM, MIPS, x86/64, STM32 with embedded RTOS, e.g. ThreadX, QNX.
- Proficient with communication protocols including TCP/IP and embedded web servers.
- Experience/expertise designing and developing GUIs.
- Experience/expertise in Linux Systems & Network Administration.
- Cross platform (Linux, Windows) software development experience.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, data sheets and specifications describing electrical and electro-mechanical hardware.
- Experience with software engineering best practices including: estimation, design, testing from the unit level to the system level, configuration management, change control, and issue tracking.
- An innovator that will challenge the status quo. and ensure that we continue to develop and deliver world class products.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and Scrum.
- Experience documenting the software design process, requirement tracing, verification and validation testing in accordance to the FDA guidelines.
- Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL) is desired.
- Experience leading software projects.
A factory setting with conditions involving elevated noise levels, machinery, and use of paints and solvents. Safety precautions are of utmost importance when operating in these areas.
About Omega Medical Imaging:
For over twenty years Omega has been a leader in the design and manufacture of state of the art Cardiac and GI medical imaging systems.
Omega is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
*Please send your resume along with a short cover letter detailing your interest in the program to