Embedded Software Engineer
Omega Medical Imaging
3400 St Johns Parkway
Sanford, FL 32771
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Omega Medical Imaging is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Software Engineer responsible for software and firmware development to control our next generation imaging platform. To be successful in this role, the candidate will have a background in computer science or electrical engineering with an emphasis and experience in embedded firmware development. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is bringing cutting edge imaging equipment to the medical industry.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for software architecture and code development. They will implement, debug and maintain source code in C/C++. The code will interface with electro-mechanical hardware, imaging systems, sensors and other peripherals via TCP/IP and other communications protocols in real-time. The Software Engineer will be able to write clear, concise, structured and well-documented code while be working with a cross-functional engineering team comprised of software, electrical and mechanical engineers. The ideal candidate will also have an inventive mindset and exemplary problem-solving skills. It is essential that the candidate possess excellent interpersonal skills and thrive in a team environment.
- 5+ years of software/firmware development experience with embedded RTOS systems.
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Expert C/C++ programming and debugging skills in an embedded environment, with and without an in-circuit emulator.
- Experience with development on embedded processors, e.g. ARM, MIPS, x86/64, STM32.
- Proficient with communication protocols including TCP/IP and embedded web servers.
- Experience with embedded RTOS, e.g. ThreadX, QNX, as well as Linux.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, data sheets and specifications describing electrical and electro-mechanical hardware.
- Experience with software engineering best practices including: estimation, design, testing from the unit level to the system level, configuration management, change control, and issue tracking.
- An innovator that will challenge the status quo and ensure that we continue to develop and deliver world class products.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and Scrum
- Experience leading software projects.
A factory setting with conditions involving elevated noise levels, machinery, and use of paints and solvents. Safety precautions are of utmost importance when operating in these areas.
About Omega Medical Imaging:
For over twenty years Omega has been a leader in the design and manufacture of state of the art Cardiac and GI medical imaging systems.
Omega is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
*Please send your resume along with a short cover letter detailing your interest in the program to